Information on the processing of personal data as of 25.04.2023
Thank you for visiting our website – Brother WF1 Printer – and for your interest in our company. The protection of your data is of utmost importance to us. With the following information on data protection, we would like to inform you about the purposes for which and the extent to which we process your personal data when you use our website and how we protect your privacy when you make your data available to us.
1 General information
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website.
Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible person according to Art. 4 para. 7 GDPR is:
Brother Internationale Industriemaschinen GmbH
Düsseldorfer Str. 7 – 9
46446 Emmerich am Rhein
Phone: +49 2822 609-0
For questions regarding data protection, you are also welcome to contact the following e-mail address:
(3) Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the controller is:
Dipl.- Ing. Jörg Hagen
Jhcon data protection consulting
2 Your rights and revocation
a) Your rights
(1) You have the right to obtain information from the operator of the website about the personal data concerning you (Art. 15 GDPR) that is processed by us. Furthermore, you have a right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR), deletion (Art. 17 GDPR) or restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR) and a right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
(2) You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. Therefore, in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms as well as the legitimate interests of the data subject, you have at least the right to express your point of view and contest the decision.
(3) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the respective supervisory authority for data protection at any time. For this purpose, please contact the State Commissioner for Data Protection of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
b) Right to object to your consent or against data processing.
(1) IF YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR CONSENT FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA (ART. 6 PARA. 1 LIT. A GDPR OR ART. 9 PARA. 1 LIT. A GDPR), YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REVOKE THIS CONSENT AT ANY TIME. THE LEGALITY OF THE DATA PROCESSING CARRIED OUT UNTIL THE REVOCATION REMAINS UNAFFECTED BY THE REVOCATION.
(2) RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE COLLECTION OF DATA IN SPECIFIC CASES AND TO DIRECT MARKETING (ART. 21 GDPR)
IF THE DATA PROCESSING IS BASED ON ART. 6 (1) E) OR F) GDPR, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AT ANY TIME ON GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING BASED ON THESE PROVISIONS. THE RESPECTIVE LEGAL BASES ON WHICH PROCESSING IS BASED CAN BE FOUND IN THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION. IF YOU OBJECT, WE WILL NO LONGER PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONCERNED UNLESS WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR THE PROCESSING SERVES THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS (OBJECTION UNDER ARTICLE 21(1) GDPR). IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING; THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING, INSOFAR AS IT IS RELATED TO SUCH MARKETING. IF YOU OBJECT, YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL SUBSEQUENTLY NO LONGER BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING (OBJECTION PURSUANT TO ART. 21 (2) GDPR).
(3) For concerns of this nature, please contact the company contact information above.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of an informational use of the web offer, i.e. if you do not log in to use the web offer, register or otherwise provide us with further information, we only process personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. This is the following technically necessary data to display our web offer to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR):
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (concrete page)
• Access status / HTTP status code
• Data volume transferred in each case
• Web offer from which the request comes
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Processed personal data is used for online and offline provision and personalization of our services. For example, we may use your data to perform product warranty services. In addition, they may be used to process your inquiries. When you contact us by e-mail or via the contact form, your inquiry including all resulting personal data (name, inquiry) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. We will only pass on this data to third parties without your consent if this is necessary to fulfill your request. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the requests sent to us on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR or on your consent according to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR if this was requested. The data you send to us via contact requests will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it, or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular legal retention periods – remain unaffected.
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
4 Cookies use
(1) Our website uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files used to store information about your use of the website. They are stored either temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or permanently (permanent cookies) on your terminal device. Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Permanent cookies remain stored on your terminal device until you delete them yourself or until they are automatically deleted by your web browser.
Cookies have various functions. Many cookies are technically necessary, as certain functions of our website would not work without them (e.g. the shopping cart function). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behavior or to display advertising. Cookies that are necessary to carry out the electronic communication process (necessary cookies) or to provide certain functions that you have requested (functional cookies) or to optimize the web offer (e.g. cookies to measure the web audience) are stored on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, unless another legal basis is specified. The operator of the web offer has a legitimate interest in strategic analysis and the assessment of market trends and in connection with production and repeat orders. In particular, we use this information to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that provide us with information about how the website is used and how we can improve the structure of the website. However, we cannot identify you personally in this way.
(2) In some cases, however, cookies from third-party companies (third-party cookies) or technically unnecessary cookies may be stored on your terminal device. These enable us or you to use certain services of the third-party company (e.g. cookies for processing payment services) but also non-mandatory functions. The storage of the cookies in question takes place exclusively on the basis of consent (Section 25 (1) TTDSG with Article 6 (1) a GDPR); consent can be revoked at any time.
(3) At present, we only use technically necessary data on our website as described under 4 (1), for which no consent is required.
(4) You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If cookies are deactivated, the functionality of this website may be limited. If cookies are used by third-party companies or for analysis purposes, we will inform you about this separately within the framework of this data protection declaration and, if necessary, request your consent.
(6) Regardless, you can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org. The web offer http://www.allaboutcookies.org can provide you with detailed instructions on how to set and delete cookies, depending on the browser type. At the bottom of this page, where we can name them, we have shown references to cookie settings in various browsers.
5 Further functions and offers of our web offer
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information about this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
6 External links
For your optimal information, you will find links on our site that refer to third-party sites.
Through these links you will have the opportunity to access the web pages that we find helpful.
As a rule, no further personal data is processed by us when you leave our website.
Insofar as this is not obviously recognizable, we point out that this is an external link. We have no influence on the content and design of pages of other providers and therefore refer to their privacy statements. The guarantees of this data protection declaration therefore naturally do not apply to web offers of third parties.